Top 10 tips for setting the perfect Table this Christmas
Christmas Day is such a special family day. Follow these 10 tips for your perfect Christmas table. or even better, print them out and give them to the hubby!
- Choose a colour scheme and stick to it. Three colours is a good amount
- Forage for greenery to use as a centrepiece, whether it be cut flowers in a vase, sprigs of rosemary tied in a bundle, or small pots of flowers for a dose of colour
- Add a place name to each setting to make each guest feel special
- A tiny keepsake such as a Christmas cracker or a little gift is a nice addition to each place setting
- Placemats will anchor the setting and add interest and texture to the table. Add both a dinner plate and a side plate on top of the placemat
- Place utensils 2cm from the edge of the plate and line them up evenly. Utensils in the outermost position are used first (for example a soup spoon and a salad fork, then the dinner fork and the dinner knife)
- Always place the blade of the knife towards the plate
- Add drinking glasses and/or wine glasses to the top right of the place setting
- Mix and match – use different styles of crockery and glassware to create a distinct look
- Real linen napkins always add a sense of occasion
Also don’t forget to add some Locally made table treats.
Check out our Christmas Table Treats box. HERE
The Christmas Table Treats box is fab, tasty, handmade treats that are perfect for the Christmas table – for your special breakfast and the main turkey event – it’s our Christmas Table Treats Box. Locally made by passionate people who care about making you something non mass produced and packed with flavour, so you’ll also be helping to support local artisanNI producers, which makes it taste even better! So go on, make your cheese feel like you care, put something on your toast that will make granny smile and have a chutney on the table that will be a talking point. A brilliant gift in a lovely box that will be a pleasure to give as well as receive. Have a great day! x